Effective Microorganisms (EM) is a solution containing various beneficial microorganisms found in nature and used in foods. Only naturally occurring beneficial microbes are used.
EM helps to digest organic matter in both aerobic and anaerobic conditions. It improves the microbial balance and eliminates bad odours in the environment.
These organisms secrete beneficial substances such as vitamins, organic acids, chelated minerals and anti-oxidants when in contact with organic matter.
Organic matter decomposed with EM 1 increases the humus content of the soil promoting biodiversity and is capable for sustaining a heathy environment and high quality food production.
EM is used in making
- EM Fermented Plant Extract (FPE) used as a organic foliar and liquid fertilizer
- EM-5, a natural pest repellant
- EM for rehabilitating polluted soils and ecosystems
- Suppressing bad smells in pit latrines, manure, animal sheds, waste-water lagoons, garbage, septic tanks
- reducing sludge and lowering BOD/COD in waste-water systems.